- ► 2013 (91)
- RIM Follow-up
- Do You Have the Paperback or the Hardcover?
- New jcp: Good From the Start
- Remembering Dick Tufeld, Voice of the Lost In Spac...
- "My Favorite Museum Exhibit": Two nuclear bombs, s...
- Jamie Dimon: impact on U.S. banks of a Greek defau...
- Republican Humor
- 20 Airbus A380s Inspected for Cracks
- Prevent Google From Storing Your Search History
- ∴ Despicable Me
- Not Class Warfare
- Insanely Great Quarter for Apple
- RIM's New CEO Appears Delusional
- What You (Really) Need to Know
- How Mrs. Grady Transformed Olly Neal
- Oh Dear, Greece Yet Again
- Maryland Senator Proposing Registry of Pet Abusers...
- ∴ Repairing the Global Plumbing
- Vinnie Jones' Hard and Fast Hands-only CPR
- Rick Perry Ends White House Bid and Backs Newt Gin...
- Airbus Finds More Cracks In Plane Wings But Assure...
- Apple Announces Free iBooks Author OS X App
- Paula Deen, Meet Diabetes?
- Snapshot of the Computer Market, With and Without ...
- CES 'Til the End
- Why You Can Ignore CES: The Great Tablet Hype
- James Bond Blu-ray Collection Available This Fall
- Schottenheimer out as Jets O-coordinator
- How Doctors Die
- Tim Cook's 2011: Almost $400 Million
- Germans and Aliens
- CES 2012: First Looks
- Instant Joy • wake up coffee
- Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Hybrid Preview
- Drum: In Praise of Soulless Chain Bookstores
- Barnes & Noble Eyeing the Idea of Breaking Up With...
- Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Hybrid
- Broadcom Announces First 802.11ac Chips
- Rumor, Apple and Digitimes
- Crackpots Do Not Make Good Messengers
- The Cotton Candy Rally
- Apple Will Stop Being Cool in 2012, IBD Says
- National Debt, Simply
- ▼ January (43)
- ► 2011 (548)
Philip Elmer-DeWitt, writing for CNN Money:
“Deutsche Bank’s Chris Whitmore came away from this year’s Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas unimpressed with what Apple’s (AAPL) rivals had to offer in the way of tablet computers”
Two thoughts on this:
First, click through for Chris's analysis. In sum: he sees a slow rise for Windows tablets at the expense of Android devices, giving Apple another moment in the sun with their forthcoming iPad 3.
'Cause you know there's gonna be an iPad 3. Oh, yeah.
My hope is that Microsoft does their Metro UI-based tablet OS right, and we're back to the good ol' days of Microsoft v. Apple.
I genuinely hope Microsoft successfully engineers a pivot to mobile. Their Windows 8 demo was intriguing.
Second, did anything interesting come out of this year's CES? It seems everyone has angst to spare. (Loved Mat's piece, BTW.)