- ► 2013 (91)
- NFL Pro Bowl: Ugh
- How Spectrum Sharing Would Work
- My Next iPhone
- Here's To the Misfit
- More On a Facebook Smartphone
- Facebook Is Building The Facebook Phone Right In F...
- Warren Buffet Buys 26 Local Papers
- Christie Advances Sports-Betting Plan in Face of F...
- Russian Space Agency Confirms Plans for Moon Base
- Gruber's New Talk Show
- Microsoft Set To Release Office for iOS and Androi...
- Zuckerberg, Banks Sued Over Facebook IPO
- Bond: Skyfall
- Dan Benjamin: Regarding The Talk Show
- Nasdaq 'Embarrassed' About Facebook Delay
- Thurrott: Windows 8 Ditches the Aero Interface
- Mark Zuckerberg Ties the Knot
- IPO Syndicate: If You Can Get It, Run The Other Wa...
- Further Musings On Gruber's Split From 5by5
- John Gruber Takes Ball, Goes To Mule Radio
- ∴ Facebook Does a Faceplant, Recovers
- Ridley Scott and Hampton Fancher In 'Blade Runner'...
- Aaron Sorkin Talks About Writing the Upcoming Stev...
- Saverin: I'll Pay Taxes On Anything I Earned As a ...
- Making the Love Happen On Pandora
- Lenovo Refreshes Its ThinkPad T, W, L and X Lines
- The $144,146,165 Button
- Why Nikola Tesla Was the Greatest Geek Who Ever Li...
- What Eduardo Saverin Owes America
- Keep Calm and Carry On
- Mike Shanahan Says Robert Griffin III Will Start F...
- Microsoft's DVD-less Windows 8 Explained
- Weekend Reads: Why are we still in 'Vietghanistan?...
- Woman Trashes Ex-boyfriend's House, Brags About It...
- Weekend Reads: The Incredulity Problem
- Windows 8 Drops DVD Playback
- Kindle Fire: the Fruitcake of Tablets
- Target Stores To Phase Out Kindle Products
- Rumor: How Apple Will Become a Mobile Carrier
- ▼ May (39)
- ► 2011 (548)
This week’s “The Talk Show” appears as a first episode on Mike Monteiro’s Mule Radio Syndicate, after skipping last week’s episode on its then-home network, 5by5. Neither the show’s host, John Gruber, nor his ex-co-host, Dan Benjamin, who owns and operates 5by5, had any comment immediately after Gruber announced the new show on his web site.
This is a shame. I first found out about 5by5 on John’s weblog, Daring Fireball, when he and Dan re-started “The Talk Show” 90 episodes ago. The show has been fun, engaging and thought-provoking, and I’ve become a fan of Dan’s other shows, including Hypercritical with John Siracusa, and Build And Analyze with Marco Arment.
I don’t know that moving the show name to Mule Radio was the right thing to do. Sure, it’s John’s show (as Dan always managed to slip into the talk), and taking along the show name will bring listeners with it, but “The Talk Show” without Dan Benjamin isn’t “The Talk Show.”
I wonder if we’ll hear any of the reasons behind the move.