- Andrew Richardson
- Software engineer, business owner, husband, runner and member of my pack of four-legged girls.
- 2014 (2)
- 2013 (91)
- NFL Pro Bowl: Ugh
- How Spectrum Sharing Would Work
- My Next iPhone
- Here's To the Misfit
- More On a Facebook Smartphone
- Facebook Is Building The Facebook Phone Right In F...
- Warren Buffet Buys 26 Local Papers
- Christie Advances Sports-Betting Plan in Face of F...
- Russian Space Agency Confirms Plans for Moon Base
- Gruber's New Talk Show
- Microsoft Set To Release Office for iOS and Androi...
- Zuckerberg, Banks Sued Over Facebook IPO
- Bond: Skyfall
- Dan Benjamin: Regarding The Talk Show
- Nasdaq 'Embarrassed' About Facebook Delay
- Thurrott: Windows 8 Ditches the Aero Interface
- Mark Zuckerberg Ties the Knot
- IPO Syndicate: If You Can Get It, Run The Other Wa...
- Further Musings On Gruber's Split From 5by5
- John Gruber Takes Ball, Goes To Mule Radio
- ∴ Facebook Does a Faceplant, Recovers
- Ridley Scott and Hampton Fancher In 'Blade Runner'...
- Aaron Sorkin Talks About Writing the Upcoming Stev...
- Saverin: I'll Pay Taxes On Anything I Earned As a ...
- Making the Love Happen On Pandora
- Lenovo Refreshes Its ThinkPad T, W, L and X Lines
- The $144,146,165 Button
- Why Nikola Tesla Was the Greatest Geek Who Ever Li...
- What Eduardo Saverin Owes America
- Keep Calm and Carry On
- Mike Shanahan Says Robert Griffin III Will Start F...
- Microsoft's DVD-less Windows 8 Explained
- Weekend Reads: Why are we still in 'Vietghanistan?...
- Woman Trashes Ex-boyfriend's House, Brags About It...
- Weekend Reads: The Incredulity Problem
- Windows 8 Drops DVD Playback
- Kindle Fire: the Fruitcake of Tablets
- Target Stores To Phase Out Kindle Products
- Rumor: How Apple Will Become a Mobile Carrier
- 2011 (548)
- 2010 (23)
Eduardo Saverin, as reported by The Situation Room:
“My decision to expatriate was based solely on my interest in working and living in Singapore, where I have been since 2009. I am obligated to and will pay hundreds of millions of dollars in taxes to the United States government. I have paid and will continue to pay any taxes due on everything I earned while a U.S. citizen.”
I call bullshit.
As Saverin says, his tax liability ends with his US citizenship, which he renounced last week to avoid capital gains taxes on any Facebook shares he sells after Friday’s initial public offering. Saverin’s share of the company will likely net him an additional $3 - $4 billion, making any past taxes paid a drop in the bucket compared to what he might owe had he remained a US citizen.
Saverin’s act is nothing but a tax dodge. Creating jobs, investing in US companies and changing his residence make no difference.